A Letter from our Directors
What a hard, joyfilled, complicated academic year we weathered. Surely, none of us could have written the script for 2020-21. Yet as we close another academic year we are filled with gratitude. Here is our top ten list (in no particular order) of what we are grateful for right now…
- Online gathering spaces and high speed internet. Connections have never been more important to all of us.
- A year unlike any other before or after it with our students HERE learning to navigate every unknown imaginable as young adults.
- The AnBryce Community far and wide stepping up this past summer to provide access to virtual internships, professional development seminars, extraordinary Covid-19 support, and constant cheerleading for our students and staff.
- Our Notre Dame Community – especially the Information Technology, Building Services, Maintenance and Grounds, and Dining Faculty folks, without whom this academic year would not have taken place.
- The gorgeous weather showered upon us over the school year in South Bend.
- The tenacity of our students who showed up day in and day out to get one step closer to making the world better.
- Spectacular fall foliage, white winter wonderlands, and spring blooms.
- In-person gatherings with our students - on picnic blankets, playing games on the quad, in small groups, and popping in and out of the lounge this fall.
- Our AnBryce alums who continue to bless us with generosity, check-ins, mentoring our current students, and their work and optimism out in the world.
- A loving, giving, patient, comforting, and gracious God.
With gratitude, Richard Pierce & Maria McKenna