Glenbard West High School
Alan is a Senior in the College of Science. He is majoring in Neuroscience and Behavior, with a supplementary major in Latino Studies. Although his fervent interests in science govern his area of study, Alan’s hobbies range from reading Magical Realism literature to learning Mexican folklore music, and running. He really enjoys running.
Alan is currently a research assistant in the Smith Lab, where he studies neurological development and regeneration. His primary project revolves around reconstructing the sensorimotor vertebrate circuitry.
Dedicated to the science beyond its practice, Alan’s interest for research studies encourages him to pursue a PhD program in Neurobiology post-undergrad. Alan’s career goal is to become a Neuroscientist with a laboratory.
To keep up with Alan's achievements connect via LinkedIn here
- Latinx Student Alliance (LSA), Co-President
- Latinx Student Alliance (LSA), Vice-President
- Teaching Assistant for core NSBH courses
- First Gen Careers (FGC), Advisory Board
- Mariachi ND, Vocalist & Guitarist
- Junior Class Council
- Research Assistant, SAMLab
- Research Assistant, SMITHLab
- Alumni Hall Leadership
- SROP (Research Program) at Notre Dame
- SSLP Summer Camp Counselor at Camp Thunderhead (Milwaukee WI)
- CUSP (Research Program) Intern at CU Denver
- St. Andre Team, Welcome Weekend