Santa Maria, CA
Santa Maria High School
Bryan proudly hails from Santa Maria, California, and double majors in Civil Engineering, with a Structural Engineering Concentration, and Economics through the Reilly Dual Degree Program. In addition to being an AnBryce Scholar, Bryan is a Questbridge Scholar and a Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) Scholar. Bryan was also awarded a Gilman Scholarship to study abroad in the summer of 2021, however, his study abroad program was canceled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Outside the classroom, Bryan is an active member of the Notre Dame campus community. He is involved with various cultural clubs and activities on campus, including Ballet Folclórico Azul y Oro, Coro Primavera, and Mariachi ND, where he formerly served as president. He additionally serves on the logistics team for the Latino First-Year Retreat.
His engineering interest has led him to join the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) and the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE). As a member of SHPE, he previously served as treasurer and president of the ND chapter, and now serves in the capacity of Region 6 Regional Student Representative representing over 30 student chapters across the Midwest. As a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, he competed in the Concrete Cornhole competition at the Great Lakes Student Conference in spring 2021, helping the club win third overall in that competition and first overall in the conference. This upcoming semester, he will be participating with Notre Dame's inaugural team for the Design-Build Institute of America's annual national student competition.
In addition, on-campus he works as a Student Building Manager for Coleman-Morse and DeBartolo Halls, and as a Manager on Duty, the highest student-level position within RecSports’ sports programs. This semester he will also serve as a teaching assistant in the Civil Engineering department for both an undergraduate and a graduate-level CAD class, and the senior design course.
For the past two summers, he has interned for Turner Construction, the largest general contractor in the US. His first summer was spent as a VDC intern where he was assigned to various projects, however, his main duties were to assist with sales pursuit efforts to win large construction contracts. His tasks included: creating 3D models using Revit for site logistics plans, assembling 4D schedule simulations using Adobe Premiere Pro, and utilizing Twinmotion for 3D model rendering. His second summer was spent as a field/quality control engineering intern working on the future home of the Saddleback Women's Health Pavilion in Laguna Hills, CA.
In the future, Bryan hopes to continue working in the construction industry and explore the many roles within a general contractor. In addition, after a few years of practice, Bryan hopes to have an opportunity to return to school to obtain a Master’s in Construction Engineering/Management or an MBA.
To keep up with Brian's achievements view his LinkedIn here
- Mariachi ND: guitarist, guitarron player, co-social media director
- Guitarist, Coro Primavera
- SHPE: Region 6 Regional Student Representative, Treasurer
- Member, American Society of Civil Engineers
- Latino First Year Retreat Logistics Team
- DBIA Student Competitio
- Performer, Ballet Folclorico Azul y Oro
- Captain, inter-hall soccer (Manatees are Elite)
- Sports Programs Supervisor, Notre Dame RecSports
- Manager on Duty, RecSports Sports Program
- Student Building Manager (Coleman Morse and Debartolo Hall), Notre Dame Building Services
- Teaching Assistant, CE 20600 (Introduction to CAD), CE 60600 (Visual Design and Construction)
- Camp Dogwood Camp Counselor, Summer 2021
- Turner Construction Virtual Design and Construction Intern, Summer 2022
- Turner Construction Quality Control/Field Engineer Intern, Summer 2023