Delray Beach, Florida
Atlantic Community High School
Jahlecia Gregory is from Delray Beach, Florida studying Neuroscience and Behavior with a minor in Africana Studies. Jahlecia is the President of the Africana Studies Club, Vice President of Shades of Ebony, and is also on the Senior Leadership Committee for the Neuroscience major under the direction of Dr. Nancy Michael. Jahlecia especially enjoys working as a Student Recruitment Coordinator for the Notre Dame Office of Admissions and as a Student Secretary for the Department of Africana Studies. Jahlecia is a pre-medical student who hopes to one day practice medicine with a focus on underserved communities before transitioning on into doing work to impact the health care system as a whole. In order to inform this career goal, Jahlecia spent two summers working as a counselor at Camp Sweeney for kids with Type 1 diabetes, one summer as a medical assistant at the Senior Friendship Center and Resurrection House through ND’s Summer Service Learning Program, and also studied abroad in Puebla, Mexico in a medically focused program. Jahlecia loves listening to hip hop and R&B and welcomes any new music recommendations. Her favorite T.V shows include Grey’s Anatomy, Madam Secretary, Masterchef Junior, Family Feud, Scandal, and La Niña.
- President, Africana Studies Club
- Secretary, Africana Studies Club
- Student Recruitment Coordinator, Office of Admissions
- Vice President, Shades of Ebony
- Senior Leadership Committee, Neuroscience Dept.
- Spring Visit Program Freshman Committee
- Program Assistant, Office of Engagement Recruitment
- Administrative Assistant, Africana Studies Department
- Research Assistant, Sleep, Stress, and Memory Lab
- Inter-cohort Leader, AnBryce Scholars Initiative